Canal Splash Historic Walking Tour and Community Days
FRIDAY, AUGUST 8 – 5:30 PM
SATURDAY, AUGUST 9 – 8:30 AM (WALKING TOUR – 9 AM)
SUNDAY, AUGUST 10 – 9 AM
The Montezuma Fire Department, Historical Society and VFW has planned a weekend event for the community with the following activities scheduled throughout the weekend. Come out and support these local community organizations and enjoy the day!
- Fireman’s Auxiliary Cake Booth (for donations contact Town Clerk, June Smith at 776-8844)
- Vendors – $20 for all 3 days in advance or day of event; call Craig at 315-604-1997 or Joe at 315-651-3994
- Hamburgs and Hot Dogs by Fire Department
- Saturday only – VFW Chicken BBQ
- Life Net – Come see the medical helicopter located at the Town Hall Ball Field
- Saturday only — Montezuma Historical Society Canal Splash – Historic Walking Tour in Montezuma Heritage Park – 9 AM meet at the High Street trailhead; a guided tour will be led by Canal Historian, Mike Riley to the Richmond Aqueduct and other historic sites in the park. The tour is usually about 3 hours, but can you can go only as far as you want on the tour.