Montezuma Heritage Park Trail Work Days
All the Park needs is a little help from our Friends….
Friends of the Montezuma Park have scheduled two work days for trail maintenance work:
Meet us at the High Street Trailhead next to the Fire House at 9 AM!
- Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 9 AM (rain date, Sunday, June 22nd)
- Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 9 AM (rain date, Sunday, July 13th)
There’s lots of projects that need our attention. From big to small, there’s, something for everyone to help out. Our wish list of projects begins here:
- painting benches and sign posts ( paint and brushes supplied )
- 2 fallen trees need to be cut up and removed from trails ( this is a job for experienced chain saw operators ONLY ( bring your chain saw, safety glasses, please)
- Helper to drag away the branches cut from the downed trees
- weed eating along the trails ( bring your weed eater, safety glasses )
- brush cutting – ( bring loppers )
- sweep off dirt accumulated on the Aqueduct Trail Bridge ( broom provided )
- nailing up colored trail numbered markers along trails ( hammer & nails provided )
- 5K Lawn Signs need to have date changed — putting on sticker
- Marsh layout of deck — experienced woodworker planning
- can’t work…cookies and other refreshments are always a welcomed and appreciated treat!
Be sure to dress appropriately (bring work gloves, too); be prepared to protect yourself from poison ivy, mosquitoes and sun exposure. We want everyone to be safe, but enjoy the benefits of being out in nature and pride in helping to make the Park a special place to visit for everyone.